Crusader Security Limited has always given high priority to the maintenance of high stranded of health, safety and welfare of its colleagues and clients. Crusader Security Limited will comply with the requirements of health and safety at work act 1974 and all its statutory provisions. All members of staff are required and encouraged to assist in achieving this aim.
In accordance with the requirements of health and safety at work act 1974 and the commitment declared by Crusader Security Limited, I require every individual member of staff to:
- Take Responsible care of the health and safety of themselves and of the clients that may be affected by their acts or omissions at work
- Co-operate with their supervisors/managers or any other colleague as far as is necessary to enable them to comply with any safety duty requirements
- Refrain in the interests of health, safety and welfare
It is fundamental principle of the company’s policy that personnel in charge of operations, training or routine work are responsible for ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable. Safe work practices and environment conditions exist within their area of responsibility. This does not require that all potentially hazardous activities at work be stopped but that others are not put at risk by these activities. As such I consider the objectives satisfied:
- Compliance with the health and safety at work 1974, its associated legislation and approved codes of practice
- Creation and cleaning of health working environments for all employees and the implementation of systems for effective co-ordination and control of activities
- Institution of safe working systems and practices
- Effective training of all staff in health & safety policies and procedures appropriate to the company and in particular any activities involving a degree of risk, to include health & safety training for any co-ordinators
The overall responsibility for health & safety at work throughout the company is vested in us as directors to assist us. I have appointed a company health & safety manager. I require all staff to assist the health & safety manager by informing him any incident or occurrence, which is real or potential hazard to the health, safety and welfare of any member of the company’s staff.
To ensure that all matters affecting health and safety issues are brought to my attention I have authorised the health and safety manager to have direct access to me.
Crusader Security are a company professional and environmentally conscious organization, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of CRUSADER SECURITY LTD is to minimize any impact on the environment by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring, wherever practicable, that measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts
- Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures
- Seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
- Ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
Managerial and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all work.
CRUSADER SECURITY LTD will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within Approved Guidance as issued by the Environment Agency and other organizations. As part of the company’s commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, it is the intention that the company will work towards environmental management systems compliant with ISO14001.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
CRUSADER SECURITY LTD will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventive and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy.
The directors have overall responsibility for all environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to the company’s activities. This policy has been endorsed by the board of directors which gives its full support to its implementation.
Crusader Security Ltd is committed to providing our customers with a fault free and reliable manned guarding service at a competitive cost.
To achieve this objective, it is essential that an effective Quality Assurance system is developed, implemented and constant improvements made to the system which is able to satisfy BS7858 & BS 7984.
The procedures and practices outlined in the Quality Procedures are there for that purpose and to ensure staff understanding of meeting customer, statutory and regulatory requirements.
This is to provide confidence to our customers and therefore the implementation of the Quality Policy is mandatory on all our employees.